Travel is an activity that every person must undertake one way or the other. it doesn't matter what the purpose of the trip is or whether the trip is local or international. Many people are really looking forward to traveling to other parts of the world for a variety of reasons and purposes, including, but not limited to, business, tourism, vacations, pilgrimage, education and medical care.
Euphoria for traveling outside of a sector usually comes with a lot of preparation, and more often than not, many resources are produced to ensure that the journey is actually accomplished. and include obtaining an international passport, medical examinations (where applicable), exact visa processing fees, flight bookings and hotel reservations.
Many people will do anything and everything just to fulfill their ambition for international travel. And to be very honest here, international travel is really fun and something to look forward to. Travel, especially international travel, is a form of education for travelers, as they have the opportunity to see new environments, meet new people, and learn how things are done elsewhere.
International travel offers the traveler many opportunities regardless of the original purpose of the trip. These include business opportunities, educational opportunities, employment opportunities and even family opportunities. Unfortunately, however, only these and many other opportunities these (possibly) travelers see. They seem to be less aware or less concerned about the risks involved in international travel, so they do not take any measures to mitigate such risks.
In this case, you may be tempted to ask the question: "What are the risks associated with international travel?" Very good question. As you read, as most of these risks are discussed in the following paragraphs.
Risks associated with international travel
As interesting, fun, enjoyable, profitable and educational as international travel can be, they also come with their own disadvantages – the dangers – like all other things in life. And fortunately for travelers, most of these risks can be transferred to professional travel insurers through the travel insurance market – also referred to as "travel health insurance" or "travel medical insurance".
These international travel risks are many and varied and include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden illness in the country of destination requiring emergency medical care and / or hospitalization.
- Participation in an accident causing personal injury, temporary or permanent disability or death
- Loss of incoming luggage
- Loss of valuable items such as international passport, drivers & license, national identity etc.
- Personal obligations abroad
- Emergency dental cases
- Arrest by law enforcement agencies that require warranty and legal defense
Another question that can be asked at this point is: "Does travel insurance cover all the above mentioned risks?" And the answer is a big YES, and much more.
Covers and benefits provided by major travel insurance policies
Below is a list of most of the coverages and benefits provided by travel insurance policies – depending on the providers. So, the next time you buy a travel insurance policy, pay attention to these covers and the benefits.
- Medical expenses and hospitalization abroad
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Repatriation after treatment
- Emergency dental care
- Return of family member traveling with the insured
- Journey of a Direct Family Member
- Home Emergency Return after death of close relative
- Repatriation of lethal residues
- Medical Assistance
- legal assistance
- Pre-departure services
- International General Assistance
- Overseas Information Assistance for Lost Luggage and Passports,
- Delivery of medicines
- Legal Defense
- Bail Bond deposit
- Piracy in public transport
- Loss of passport, driving license, national identity abroad
- Compensation for loss in flight of checked luggage
- Compensation for late arrival of luggage
- Late departure
- Luggage and personal belongings storage and shipment.
- Accidental death
- Permanent disability
- Personal liability
- Travel cancellation costs
Risks not covered by travel insurance policies
Having talked about the benefits and benefits of travel insurance, it is also important to consider the risks that are not covered by most of these policies, as listed below:
- Participation in criminal acts or as a result of fraudulent, serious negligence or reckless acts, including acts of the Insured in a state of disorder or at the cost of psychiatric care for which they are excluded.
- Natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, atypical cyclonic thunderstorms, object corpses and aerosols and in general any extraordinary atmospheric, meteorological, seismic or geological disaster.
- Events that result from terrorism, rebellion or crowd disturbances.
- Events or actions of the armed forces or security forces in peacetime.
- Wars, with or without prior declaration, and any conflicts or international interventions using force or coercion or military operations of any kind.
- Participation in bets, challenges or quarrels, except in the case of legal defense or necessity.
- Pre-existing illness or injuries
- Participation in competitions, athletic and preparatory or training tests.
- Racing cars or motorcycles, horse riding, climbing, race, boxing, any of its means, martial arts, parachuting, ballooning, free fall, sliding and, in general, any sporting or leisure activity.
- Participation in competitions or tournaments organized by sports federations or similar organizations.
- Dangerous winter and / or summer sports such as skiing and / or similar sports.
- Accidents at work
- International and locally recognized epidemics.
- Diseases or injuries resulting from chronic illnesses or those that existed before the start of the policy.
- Death or injuries as a result of suicide or attempted suicide or self-injury.
- Diseases, injuries or pathological conditions caused by the consumption of alcohol, drugs, toxic substances, drugs or drugs obtained without a prescription, as well as any mental illness or mental imbalance.
- Diseases or injuries caused by pregnancy and childbirth or any complication or voluntary termination of pregnancy.
Where to buy travel insurance
Travel insurance can be purchased online – and there are many travel insurance providers to buy from. All you need to do is identify the preferred provider and fill out the online form or questionnaire and make your payment and your policy is available for immediate printing or is sent to your email address.
You can also buy offline travel insurance from a local insurance company or travel agency. Regardless of the method of purchase you choose, you can be sure that you will be fully protected from the insured risks of limestone insurance.
Using Your Travel Insurance
After you have purchased your travel insurance policy, whether it is self-purchased using the provider's online portal, a travel agency or through a local insurance company, you need to make sure you don't forget to take the document with you. This is so important because you may be required to produce the document by the competent authorities.
You should pay particular attention to your policy number (if possible, copy the number somewhere else), as service providers will be required to identify you when you call for help.
Another thing to look out for in your travel insurance certificate or policy document is the helpdesk phone numbers you need to call when you need help. These numbers are always clearly written on the travel insurance document – so please note them.
You should try to read as much of the document as possible to understand the policy coverage, terms and conditions, and exclusions. And very important, when claiming your policy, be honest and avoid all forms of fraudulent practices.
Summary and conclusion
There are other benefits to travel insurance policies that cannot be discussed exhaustively here. But after reading the few benefits mentioned above, you will agree that in fact, travel insurance is a prerequisite for a successful trip. So, the next time you plan an international trip, buying travel insurance is a top priority. It is quite affordable and anyone can buy it. The peace of mind and the protection it offers you are enormous.