Healthy travel seems like a crazy and repressive way of not having fun on the road, and that's the last thing I want to say to anyone. The journey is a time to change your lifestyle and explore what you haven't seen. I find that the problem with all this is that we also have a problem staying fit and staying healthy.
It all comes down to our priority and how we design.
When you travel planning must happen before you leave home and finish when you get home, so here are 10 tips to help you stay fit and get home even better
Eating tips for healthy travel
1. Road Snack Packages – Whether I'm traveling by car or by plane I'm never sure where the next snack will come from, so I freeze my backpack with fruit. I've always been worried about this when you go through security at the airport, but the fact is I've never stopped, so it looks like it's okay to bring some fruit.
Healthy Travel Tips
2. Non-Soda Water – It's very easy to drink some soda or juice and I know this will happen when I'm traveling so I always stop at a grocery store in my destination and buy bottles of water. I do not tend to pack water before as airport security is not allowed, but it is always convenient to have a bottle or two in the car for healthy travel outside the airports.
3. Eat Local Food – One of the great things about traveling is that you have the opportunity to eat locally grown produce as well as local cuisine from one area. The quicker you can eat fresh fruits and vegetables the better they are for you, so try to find out what grows locally and eat away!
4. Breakfast and night water – Because it is such a mess when traveling, it is difficult to maintain a regular schedule and you probably do not want to go anyway. What I do is that as soon as I wake up in the morning I drink a large glass or two with water or if in a shady area just a big bottle of water again at night when I return to the hotel I do the same.
Elevations, different temperatures and many different exercise and diet programs will make it difficult for you to try to have a good hydration plan by starting and finishing with water to be sure.
5. Watch the restaurant meals – I'm a big fan of lunch but I recognize that what I eat is not always good for me. When traveling as a family we always take a small kitchen in the hotel room so we can make the most of our meals with food we know and then have a meal out of the day.
6. Responsible ordering – One of the biggest problems we all face besides scheduling our drinking hours when on the road is the bad ways we order. Healthy travel to a restaurant begins with ordering with distinction and making sure your choices are good.
When ordering at a restaurant, be careful how they cook your meal. In most places, like at home, the chef cooks for a taste, not for food. Stay away from sauces and deep fried foods and instead of grilled meats and salads or vegetables instead of potatoes
Exercise Tips for Healthy Travel
1. Book Hotels with Benefits – When booking a hotel for your travels make sure there is some type of fitness center, the Google Hotel, if needed. the fact is that a little exercise will make your journey more comfortable and give you the energy to make the most of your days, and if you do not set yourself up for success, you will fail to practice.
2. Plan Your Exercise and Activities – Although you may not know when you are going where your travels seem to have everyone planning at least the next day. The night before you decide how much exercise you will take, maybe a hike? Do you surf all day? Sitting by the pool? And plan your exercise around it. If you are out of sight all day then you are planning to go to the gym for a morning workout. If you are right by the pool start the day with cardio. If you do cardio and then walk all day the gas may run out before the day is done, so plan ahead!
3. Plan Active Activities – Now when traveling on vacation this is quite easy to do, but when traveling in business it is much more difficult. You might go out at night and walk around the city, as many people plan a jog around the new city you are in (watch out for unknown neighborhoods) or even just rent a bike to travel around instead of always taking a car, this enables you to meet more people and see more on your travels.
So, there are nine things you can do. This week during my trips west I had some difficulty keeping all of this intact and ended up suffering. There is a refrigerator and a schedule at home, but on the road that timing and access to healthy travel was only as good as the way I did it, and sometimes I didn't do it so well